I spent the weekend at the Toronto Vegetarian Food Fair aka Vegan Christmas. It was perhaps one of the best few days I have ever had, between visiting some of my favourite people and sampling delicious treats, it was just what I needed to remind me of why I do what I do and live the life I lead.
The weekend started with me working with some amazing ladies and brands; Two Girls Cooking
I sipped on coconut water and enjoyed a beautiful Sunday afternoon with one of my besties and fellow Holistic Nutritionist, Miranda:
What a fantastic time! Seeing all my amazing friends renewed my spirit and joy for veganism, health, and a compassionate lifestyle.
Strawberry Cheesecake Blizzard
recipe by Lisa Pitman and Nicole Axworthy
1 cup strawberries, hulled
1 tsp lemon zest
2 large Medjool dates, pitted
2 ts[ coconut oil
1/4 cup raw almonds
1/4 cup raw pecans
pinch of sea salt
4 large Medjool dates, pitted
2 bananas, peeled and frozen
1 tsp lemon juice
1. In a food processor, combine the strawberries, zest and dates. Process until smooth
2. Add coconut oil and process until well combined
3. Chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes
1. In a food processor, pulse the almonds, pecans and sea salt into a fine meal.
2. Add the dates and pulse until well combined
1. In a blender or food processor, blend the bananas until a creamy, ice cream consistency is achieved.
2. Add lemon juice and pulse to combine.
3. Divide the soft serve between four bowls. Add 1/4 cup of strawberry swirl and 2 tbsp of crust. Swirl the mixture gently with a spoon.