I cannot take credit for this recipe, it comes from my friend Kristin who is not only a lovely friend, but perhaps one of the greatest and most creative cooks I have ever met. She made this recipe for me once and I was in love!
Sweet Potato Quesadillas
1 medium sweet potato
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 tsp nutmeg/cinnamon combo
Package of tortilla wraps (I am in love with Food For Life’s Brown Rice tortillas)
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Peel and dice sweet potato and steam until tender
3. Place sweet potato in food processor, while still warm and add coconut oil and nutmeg/cinnamon mix
4. Blend until creamy
5. Spread sweet potato mixture on one side of tortilla, fold in half and repeat for as many servings as you need
6. Bake in oven for 12-15 min, remove and flip. Bake for another 8-10 min
7. Serve with salsa and a green salad
Sorry no photo!
Besides tasting great, there are so many amazing health properties of the sweet potato including an amazing source of complex carbs, fibre and vitamins A and C. The recipe can be made savory by switching out the nutmeg and cinnamon and replacing with cumin.